Courtyard Clinic understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who uses Our services and/or visits our website, www.courtyardclinicmalmesbury.com and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site or in the process of registering for and receiving our services. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 or the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Courtyard Clinic in Malmesbury, a limited company registered in England under company number 11688964 and whose main trading address is PO Box SN169BE, Courtyard Clinic in Malmesbury, Cross Hayes, Malmesbury, United Kingdon, SN16 9BE|
- Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Courtyard Clinic in Malmesbury, a limited company registered in England under company number 11688964 , whose registered address and whose main trading address is Courtyard Clinic in Malmesbury, Cross Hayes, Malmesbury, United Kingdon, SN16 9BE.
Our Data Protection Officer is Karla Howes, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01453 548119, or by post at Courtyard Clinic, The Old Post Office, Parsonage Street, Dursley, GL11 4DR
We are regulated by The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- date of birth;
- contact information such as email addresses, telephone numbers and postal address;
- relevant information about your current health and fitness status, including medications, sporting activities and hobbies and a record of any relevant physical findings on examination;
- past medical history including illnesses, injuries and operative procedures.
- How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 or GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into including our monthly newsletter (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and Our services.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone or text message or post with information, news and offers on Our s We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 or GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- We are required by under The Data Protection Act 1998 to retain your medical records for 8 years after the conclusion of treatment or death;
- If you have signed up via our website to receive emails and newsletters from us informing you of new services, events and promotions, we will retain your details unless you unsubscribe or request that we remove them from our database.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- When not in use your medical records will be stored in a lockable cabinet in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Your contact details will be stored electronically either on Cliniko, our Customer Relationship Management programme or on Campaign Monitor, a platform we use to send emails and newsletters. We may also store your information e.g. as part of a class list on Clinic computers which are password protected.
- Do We Share Your Data?
In certain circumstances, We may be required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, with other health professionals directly involved in your care. We will make you aware that we are sharing such information and you have the right if you wish to prevent us from sharing information.
Where a third party, eg a solicitor or an insurance company requests a copy of your records We will request your written consent to release the records before we do so.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
When someone visits our site we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Contacting Us